Sunday, May 18, 2008


This weekend we went to the Family Fun Fest, where Macy and Vince entered and completed their first running events (one mile races each). Vince was entered though he is only three and you had to be a minimum of four years old, but oh well.




Here is the take-off of the Girl's Race!

Macy in her last 50 yards!






Macy entering the finish, with a personal record of 10:40/mile! I actually got teary eyed when the race started, thinking "Wow, her first running race!".













After race refreshments of water and
orange slices.








Here is Vince in his last 25 yards to the finish.....



.....and he enters the finish box, with a personal record of 18:30/mile (let's give him a break, he is three years old, and has short legs!). I'm just happy he did the whole mile!
















I'm so proud of my little runners!!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

they did great!!! I would have been in tears too!!

Emilie said...

oh my gosh... i can't believe your 3 year old ran a mile! that is so cool!

i guess it's a family affair, huh?